[Paraview] Re: paraview on mac

Jon H Kaspersen Jon.H.Kaspersen at sintef.no
Fri Apr 1 00:32:26 EST 2005

Hi again Paul,

I did an ParaView build yesterday, just to verify the procedure.  Here
is how ParaView can be build on a Mac using Carbon:

1. Download the latest Tcl/Tk binaries from :
http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/
2. Install the latest Tcl/Tk
3. Download ParaView from CVS, instructions can be found here:
http://www.paraview.org/HTML/Download.html#cvs
4. Make a ParaView-bin directory and run cmake.
5. Go into the ParaView source directory and delete the Tcl/Tk
utilities as:
ParaView/Utilities/TclTk/ rm -rf *
6. Hack the CMakeCache.txt file (Change the following entries):
//The path to the Tk internal headers (tkMacOSXPort.h).
TK_INTERNAL_PATH:PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/
PrivateHeaders

//Path to tcl include
TCL_INCLUDE_PATH:INTERNAL=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers
//Path to tcl library
TCL_LIBRARY:INTERNAL=-framework Tcl
//Path to tcl stub library
TCL_STUB_LIBRARY:INTERNAL=-framework Tcl

//Path to tk include
TK_INCLUDE_PATH:INTERNAL=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers
//Path to tk library
TK_LIBRARY:INTERNAL=-framework Tk
//Path to tk stub library
TK_STUB_LIBRARY:INTERNAL=-framework Tk

7. Run make
8. You should be able to start ParaView from the command prompt by
entering the bin directory and type ./paraview

Regards
Jon

NORWAY			e-mail:	Jon.H.Kaspersen at sintef.no
				WEB:	http://www.sintef.no/helse