[Paraview] Re: paraview on mac

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Apr 1 11:05:40 EST 2005

Jon,

	Very nice approach. One more trick though. You don't have to 'hack'
CMakeCache.txt if you do the instructions in this order:

0. Install cmake (cmake.org)
1. Download the latest Tcl/Tk binaries from :
http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/
2. Install the latest Tcl/Tk
3. Download ParaView from CVS, instructions can be found here:
http://www.paraview.org/HTML/Download.html#cvs
4. Make a ParaView-bin directory and DON'T run cmake.
5. Go into the ParaView source directory and delete the Tcl/Tk
utilities as:
ParaView/Utilities/TclTk/ rm -rf *
6. Now run cmake (it should fill all var properly, basically taking
system tcl/tk instead of the one shipped with paraivew)
7. Run make
8. You should be able to start ParaView from the command prompt by
entering the bin directory and type ./paraview

How does that sound :)
Mathieu