|Anonymous | Login||2017-10-23 09:14 EDT|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0013831||ParaView||(No Category)||public||2013-01-29 17:49||2016-08-12 09:59|
|Assigned To||Kitware Robot|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0013831: Master bug - Progress Handler is a mess|
|Description||This is a master bug that I will hang sub bugs off of. Basically, the current Progress Handler is a mess. This bug relates to file vtkPVProgressHandler.cxx, plus imbedded code in all of the filters that calls it. I am seeing the following:|
* No parameter checking for bad input variables. (progress should generally be 0.0 to 1.0 within the code)
* No print statements in the Progress Handler that can be turned on that shows that progress actually increments.
* Intermixing progress of a range of 0.0 to 1.0 and 0.0 to 100.0 within the same object/functions. This is undocumented, and very confusing.
* Progress coming into the Progress Handler from filters (expected progress of 0.0-1.0) with a range up to 10's or 100's (1000% to 10000% done).
* Some conditions (such as a status of 0.0, or any number out of the 0-1 range) that is flooding MPI with messages.
* Some filters, such as the CTH reader, that runs absolutely crazy progress. For instance, with the CTH reader, status is 0.0 to 0.2, then backs up and runs 0.04 to 0.38, then 0.64 to 1.0.
* Running multiple server sometimes provides crazy results (see ranges outside of 0.0-1.0 above).
That's probably a good start. I will post additional bug reports with specifics.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Nikhil Shetty (reporter)
One of issue may be a general issue for multiblock data sets. The CompositeDataPipeline executes one algorithm for every block. During each run the algorithm reports progress from 0.0 - 1.0 and thus we see multiple progress for a single run.
The GUI takes range from 0.0 to 100 and so there may be some things arising out of this confusion.
Fixes are on their way.
Kitware Robot (administrator)
Resolving issue as `moved`.
This issue tracker is no longer used. Further discussion of this issue may take place in the current ParaView Issues page linked in the banner at the top of this page.
|2013-01-29 17:49||Alan Scott||New Issue|
|2013-01-29 17:51||Alan Scott||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2013-01-29 21:48||Alan Scott||Relationship added||parent of 0013832|
|2013-01-29 21:49||Alan Scott||Relationship added||parent of 0013833|
|2013-01-29 21:49||Alan Scott||Relationship added||parent of 0013835|
|2013-01-29 21:50||Alan Scott||Relationship added||parent of 0013834|
|2013-01-29 21:50||Alan Scott||Relationship added||parent of 0013836|
|2013-01-30 16:34||Alan Scott||Relationship added||parent of 0013839|
|2013-05-01 15:58||Nikhil Shetty||Assigned To||=> Nikhil Shetty|
|2013-05-01 16:12||Nikhil Shetty||Note Added: 0030671|
|2013-05-01 16:12||Nikhil Shetty||Status||backlog => todo|
|2013-06-05 16:01||Nikhil Shetty||Assigned To||Nikhil Shetty =>|
|2015-01-11 08:27||Utkarsh Ayachit||Source_changeset_attached||=> ParaView master e1f6e4e5|
|2015-01-11 08:28||Utkarsh Ayachit||Source_changeset_attached||=> ParaView master 6242d9a0|
|2016-08-12 09:59||Kitware Robot||Note Added: 0038322|
|2016-08-12 09:59||Kitware Robot||Status||todo => closed|
|2016-08-12 09:59||Kitware Robot||Resolution||open => moved|
|2016-08-12 09:59||Kitware Robot||Assigned To||=> Kitware Robot|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2017 MantisBT Team|