Seamless integration with Python began in ParaView version 3.0. Simply load the paraview.simple module from Python to get full access to all of ParaView’s large data visualization and analysis capabilities. This includes the ability to create, on the fly, scripted readers and filters that run, in parallel, on the server. ParaView scripts are easy to write, especially if you choose to simply record your work in the desktop application in the form of a python script. Python scripts can be played back with or without the GUI in order to create reproducible, easily customizable, and scalable visualizations.
To get started with ParaView from python we recommend that you:
- use Tools->Start Trace in the desktop application to record a python script.
- try a few scripts in the Tools->Python Shell of the desktop application.
- use the pvpython command line executable instead of the desktop application.
- read the Paraview Guide, which has scripting instructions throughout.
- see the online documentation (of just help() from within python) to see the detailed syntax.