[Paraview] PV-3.98-RC binary error

Carlo cfq20 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 05:59:22 EST 2013

Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit <at> kitware.com> writes:

> Carlo,
>
> I am afraid this is not the segfault my email was referring to. Could
> you try removing (or copy them over somewhere) any config files in
> ${HOME}/.config/ParaView  and see if that makes a difference?
>
> Utkarsh

Dear Utkarsh,

thanks, but that had no effect.

I must say the paraview binary runs on a more recent installation
of Ubuntu, but I'd like to run it on an installation of OpenSuse 11.3
 which has not had recent updates. I could understand if the
 segmentation fault related to an old library, but why does it
 instead point to an error at line 565 of a source file in your
home directory? What is this 'proxy' the error is referring to?

Do you think of something else I could try?

Many thanks,
Carlo