[Paraview] ParaView 3.14.1 ServerManager evolutions against 3.10

Thierry.CARRARD at CEA.FR Thierry.CARRARD at CEA.FR
Wed Jan 9 10:51:40 EST 2013

Hi all,

I know 3.14.1 is becoming a dated version, but I'm still having difficulties porting our visualization application from ParaView 3.10.1 to 3.14.1. After long investigations it seems it's due to a change in implementation of the method vtkProxyPropery::UpdateAllInputs() which is not overridden anymore in 3.14.1.  The main side effect for my application is that a call vtkProxy::UpdateSelfAndAllInputs() does not propagate to filter input proxies.
Can someone help me find a way to have a similar feature in paraview 3.14.1 and tell me why this proxy behavior has changed so much ?

Thanks a lot for any help,
Thierry

-----Message d'origine-----
De : paraview-bounces at paraview.org [mailto:paraview-bounces at paraview.org] De la part de Michael Reuter
Envoyé : mercredi 9 janvier 2013 16:27
À : paraview at paraview.org
Objet : [Paraview] QuadView from C++

Hi,

     I'm trying to use the new QuadView from inside our C++ application.
I try and create a pqRenderView pointer for the QuadView using pqObjectBuilder::createView("QuadView",
pqActiveObjects::instance().activeServer()). I get the following error:

Failed to create a proxy for the requested view type: "QuadView"

I thought it might be a plugin loading problem, so I copied it temporarily to where we have our PV_PLUGIN_PATH set so that it gets automatically loaded, but I still get the same error. So, now I'm not sure that it was the plugin not being loaded. What is the correct way to create the view?

Thanks,

Dr. Michael Reuter
Data Analaysis and Visualization Group
Neutron Data Analysis and Visualization Division Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Office: 1-865-241-7216
Fax: 1-865-574-6080
Email: reuterma at ornl.gov