[Paraview] Controlling RenderView using Wiimote and VRPlugin

Bueter, Travis J. (S&T-Student) tjbxv7 at mail.mst.edu
Thu Feb 28 16:41:25 EST 2013

Hi,

I am currently trying to create a way of controlling the camera in ParaView using the Joystick of a Wiimote (WiiC library). I had previously attempted this by using Pat Marion's socket plugin to send camera changes through the python shell but ran into a problem with sending too many Render() commands. It was suggested to me by Pat Marion and the Kitware employees I met at SuperComputing 2012 to use the VRPlugin to accomplish this. So after a 3 month hiatus from my project, I have finally gotten back to it but am currently lost in documentation. I have no idea where to begin with writing the code for a custom device and then connecting to and writing the camera changes to the VRPN server for ParaView. If someone could point me in the right direction of documentation that explains how to create a custom device/interaction for the VRPlugin/VRPN or some examples of such user created applications I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Travis J. Bueter
Missouri University of Science and Technology - Junior
B.S. Computer Engineering/Computer Science
tjbxv7 at mail.mst.edu<mailto:tjbxv7 at mail.mst.edu>
(573)-238-5843

IT Research Support Service
Treasurer - MS&T Robotics Competition Team