[Paraview] Paraview hangs when using changing geometries and binary ensight gold format

Georg Hammerl hammerl at lnm.mw.tum.de
Wed Feb 27 02:17:17 EST 2013

Hello,

I have problems when I try to visualize my results in Paraview which
include changing geometries. I can load the first time step but when I
switch to the next step (in which 4 points are added), paraview freezes
and htop shows 100% load for this process. Surprisingly, this only
happens when I use binary ensight gold format. The same results written
in ascii ensight gold format work. The ens_checker tells me for both
cases that I have valid output files. Attached are the binary and ascii
version of the result. It would be nice to use binary output for my results.

I work on a 64 bit Linux system and I have checked out the latest
repository version of Paraview (but I have also tried older versions:
3.14 and 3.6) giving me the same result.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Georg

--