[Paraview] connectivity of partitioned unstructured grid

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Feb 26 14:20:56 EST 2013

Hi Jean,

I don't think that the problem is with D3. I suspect that it is with
the connectivity filter, which is not parallel-aware. Ghost levels are
not enough (or necessary) for this to work in parallel. Rather, there
needs to be some parallel merge algorithm to identify connected
regions across partition boundaries. Unfortunately, we don't have
anything like that at the moment.

-berk