[Paraview] Value Error: ColorArrayName - ParaView 3.98

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Sun Feb 24 10:50:34 EST 2013

I can't say for sure but my guess is that the slice you created doesn't
intersect your geometry and thus you have 0 points and you won't get any
point data to pseudo-color by. The other possibility is that the slice
filter hasn't been updated yet.

You can try something like
self.newSlice.GetDataInformation().GetNumberOfPoints() to see if any points
exist in the filter's output. Make sure to call
self.newSlice.UpdatePipeline() before doing that though.

Andy