[Paraview] Problem with pvtr files in Paraview 3.98 and 3.98.1

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Feb 22 15:16:56 EST 2013

Olaf,

>  I have to give only the coordinates for
> each piece in the corresponding .vtr file. Is this correct?

Yes, coordinates and the data-arrays..

> Is it
> necessary that each .vtr file can be loaded independently?

Yes, indeed so.

> If you open
> the .pvtr file with Paraview 3.14 it displays like it should.

I didn't have much luck opening the files you sent with 3.14 either,
which is what lead me to believe something amiss.

> Is there
> any more extensive documentation on the parallel file formats than the
> one given on www.vtk.org/VTK/img/file-formats.pdf ?

The file-formats.pdf is indeed what I generally point people to. To
assist in debugging, it may be worthwhile to write out ASCII files
first if possible and then once you have figured that out switch to
binary. Also, I've found it useful to just save files form the
ParaView GUI using a comparable dataset and then look at the saved
file.

If you can share the stub of code you're using to write the files out,
I can see if I can spot anything obvious.

Utkarsh