[Paraview] Problem with pvtr files in Paraview 3.98 and 3.98.1

Dr. Olaf Ippisch olaf.ippisch at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 18 04:02:41 EST 2013

Dear Paraview Developers,

I am using the pvtr-file format to view the results produced by a
simulation code I wrote. While the files produced by my writer are
rendered perfectly with Paraview 3.14, I get only a partially correct
view with Paraview 3.98 and 3.98.1. I am attaching an example data set.
This are results from a 2D simulation on 4 processors stored as 3D-data
with only one data point in the z-Direction. When I use a surface view,
with the newer Paraview version only the right upper part of the picture
is rendered correctly, while there is a constant value of zero plotted
in the lower right and in the left part of the picture. There are two
datasets (thetal and pl) in the file. The effect is the same for both of
them. It is most probable, that the error is already occurring in the
file reader, as the data ranges given in the information window are
wrong as well. There are no error messages during data import.

I am using MacOS X 10.8.

I would be nice if you could help me to find out if the error is in my
files (which would be strange as it worked perfectly with older Paraview
versions) or the file reader.

Best regards,
Olaf Ippisch

--