[Paraview] MPI Failure with custom built PV 3.98.1 (git master)

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Fri Feb 15 14:10:13 EST 2013

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with this problem…

I built the git master of ParaView locally, and I cannot seem to get the PV Server to work properly.

My system is running MacOS X 10.7.5 with Xcode 4.5.2.

I built with ParaView with MPI using MPICH2 (v 1.5), and when I try to connect to the pvserver (started locally) I get the following crash on when trigging to manipulate data:

LionDev-TML-MP2-2:bin jjm390$ mpirun -np 4 ./pvserver
Waiting for client...
Connection URL: cs://LionDev-TML-MP2.local:11111
Accepting connection(s): LionDev-TML-MP2.local:11111
Client connected.
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   EXIT CODE: 1
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES

Is this a problem with the version of MPI that I am using, or is it a problem with ParaView?

If you can give me some advice on how to get it to work, I would be grateful!

Thanks,
Joshua Murphy