[Paraview] Creating videos from animations

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Fri Feb 15 09:47:41 EST 2013

Hello,
I compiled PV with FFMPEG library enabled:
 FFMPEG_INCLUDE_DIR               /usr/local/include
 FFMPEG_avcodec_LIBRARY           /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.dylib
 FFMPEG_avformat_LIBRARY          /usr/local/lib/libavformat.dylib
 FFMPEG_avutil_LIBRARY            /usr/local/lib/libavutil.dylib
so I expected being able to save an animation into a video format but if I use File->SaveAnimation I get a list of files, which requires an external tool to build a video from them.
So is there a problem with my implementation or what does FFMEG library mean in the configuration file?