[Paraview] Solved: What happened to the random controls for Mask Points filter?

Russell M. Taylor II taylorr at cs.unc.edu
Thu Feb 14 08:02:04 EST 2013

In my vis class, I have always had the students use the Mask Points
filter separately from the Glyph filter because it had the extra
controls that let you select random sampling.  With "On Ratio", I get
a regular grid of samples that aliases with the underlying grid
pattern.  But these controls don't show up in ParaView 3.98, only "On
Ratio" and "Maximum Number of Points."  Wait... there is a gear icon
and when I push it more options show up.  Way to go, Paraview team!

I figured I'd go ahead and send this post anyway, since many people
may want to know about the option to bring up additional controls.

---
Russell M. Taylor II, Ph.D.                           taylorr at cs.unc.edu
CB #3175, Sitterson Hall                        www.cs.unc.edu/~taylorr
University of North Carolina,                     Voice: (919) 962-1701
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175                        FAX:   (919) 962-1799