[Paraview] text data cisualization

j michopoulos john.michopoulos at nrl.navy.mil
Tue Feb 12 17:16:26 EST 2013

Dear Paraview folks,

I was able to import ASCII data of the form

X Y Z value

via the csv reader and the  TableToPoints filter and was able to
visualize the colored points.

However I could NOT find an example anywhere that shows how to read the
mesh data (nodal coords and connectivity data) or generate a
triangulation from these nodes that will allow me to display surface and
volume contours. Keep in mind hat the Delaunay 3D filter works only when
the convex hull of the point cloud is coincides with the actual shape of
the domain. It is therefore not working for the general case of
non-convex  volumes of clouds.

Can anybody point out of an example on how to do this with Paraview 3.98 ?

Thank you!

-- johnm
Dr. John G. Michopoulos, Head
Computational Multiphysics Systems Lab., Code 6394
Center of Computational Material Science
Naval Research Laboratory,
4555 Overlook Ave. SW, Washington DC 20375
tel.202.767.2189  fax.202.404.7546
e-mail: john.michopoulos at nrl.navy.mil