[Paraview] Python Script: "Rescale to Data Range"

Kisler Roman.Kisler at tnt.tu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 8 06:35:32 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

I write a python script (Paraview 3.14.1 64-bit) in which a loop loads files,
makes slices etc., prints an image and deletes all variables within each
iteration step. Therefore I need a python code which rescales the colorbar in
each step.

So far I found this code in another mailing conversation (see
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2009-January/010809.html).Unfortunately
the command

range=slice.GetDataInformation().GetPointDataInformation().GetArrayInformation(0).GetComponentRange(0)

doesn't work in my script and delivers the following error message:

" AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'GetDataInformation' "

and refers to the line written above (range=...).

I would appreciate any help, be it a more detailed explanation of the script
which can be found in the link posted above or another possibility of
implementing it.

Kindest regards,
Roman