[Paraview] Clip Closed Surface

Tony Smith Tony.Smith at ntec.com.au
Thu Feb 7 22:42:39 EST 2013

Dear Group

I have been attempting to generate cross sections through a polygonal mesh (.obj file) using the filter Clip Closed Surface. The filter successfully generates a closed surface on the clipping plane when the plane passes through only a single section of the clipping target. It appears to fail when the clipping plane passes through more than one section of the target, in which case it produces the same result as the Clip filter (i.e., no closed surface).

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong or if there is another way to produce cross sections in a way that treats the clipping target as a solid?

Many thanks
Tony