[Paraview] ParaView 3.98.x superbuild: hdf5 run time errors

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Feb 5 14:19:53 EST 2013

Some of this I can explain, I think.

2 Versions of HDF5. The actual version of HDF5 is 1.8.9 and the "library" version is the 7.3.0. If I remember correctly the way things work with HDF5 is that there should have been a bunch of symlinks that all finally link back to the libhdf5.1.8.9.dylib library.

The issue with the dylib not loading is because most likely there is an issue with the superbuild not looking in enough directories to properly find the hdf5 library and "fixing it up" to have the proper embedded path.

I am not sure of the proper fix for #2.
--
Mike Jackson <www.bluequartz.net>