[Paraview] Fwd: Construct 3D revolved mesh from a 2d mesh

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 08:44:57 EST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Edwards <paul.m.edwards at gmail.com>
Date: 1 February 2013 13:44
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Construct 3D revolved mesh from a 2d mesh
To: Andrew Parker <andy.john.parker at googlemail.com>

Hi Andy,

Rotation extrusion is a polydata algorithm which is why you are not seeing
a unstructured grid.  I'm not sure that you will find a VTK algorithm to do
this for you but you could probably quite easily do it with a python
programmable filter (to make it easier you may want to clip the surface
first).  You could use the transform filter internally to give you the next
set of faces and it will also rotate the vectors for you (although it will
only rotate the current vector IIRC).

Regards,
Paul