[Paraview] Construct 3D revolved mesh from a 2d mesh

Andrew Parker andy.john.parker at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 1 05:06:40 EST 2013

Sorry to repost.  Does anybody have a feel for whether I can apply a filter
and essentially produce a 3d volume mesh with associated scalars and
transformed vectors, from it's 2d counter part using vtk?

i.e. a cylindrically symmetric simulation converted to a valid 3d volume
mesh.  I can apply the filter, similar to this thread:

http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2012-March/024320.html

but in my case, rather than for presentational purposes, I need the
internal of the rotated shell to be a populated volume mesh.  Using the
method in the above post, or described in my previous post gives only the
outer shell.

Any help either way really appreciated!

Cheers,
Andy