[Paraview] error when running the development version from git

Pei-Ying Hsieh phsieh2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 08:58:49 EDT 2012

Dear ParaView experts,

I grabbed the latest paraview source for git.  Compilation and installation went through successfully, but, when I ran paraview, I got the following error:

ERROR: In /home/hsieh/projects/ParaView/VTK/GUISupport/Qt/vtkEventQtSlotConnect.cxx, line 68
vtkEventQtSlotConnect (0x1d0e470): Cannot connect NULL objects.

I am using OpenSUSE 12.2 64 bit.  I am wondering if someone here can shed some light on how to address this.

Thanks!

Pei-Ying