[Paraview] Python interpreter not being created for coprocessing?

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Thu Sep 27 10:40:35 EDT 2012

Yeah, for structured grids you'll need to set the extent on each process as
well as use vtkCPInputDataDescription::SetWholeExtent() to specify the
global grid extent. The partitioned arrays in addfields() for single
component tuples needs to be the same length as the number of points/cells
on the local, partitioned grid.

The extent support for coprocessing is a git dodgy as we're trying to do
things in a way that the pipeline doesn't like. One solution to that is to
use a vtkMultiPieceDataSet but I haven't tried that enough yet to see how
well it works.

Andy