[Paraview] Building Paraview from source

Hodge, Neil E. hodge3 at llnl.gov
Mon Sep 17 16:52:27 EDT 2012

All:

A quick question: I need to build paraview from source for my application,
and it seems to be working fine, it is just deathly slow (around 10%
completed per hour).  Ten hours to build the code seems crazy to me . . .

The structure of the makefile does not seem amenable to "make -j n"; I
kept getting a bunch of "file not found" errors, but when I would run make
again, it would work for another minute or two before bombing again.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Neil

Neil Hodge, Ph.D.
Methods Development Group