[Paraview] Variable symbols in PARAVIEW

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Sat Sep 15 10:25:48 EDT 2012

The block symbol represents cell data meaning that there's a tuple value
for each cell, the four dots is point data meaning that there's a tuple
value for each point, and the square inside a circle is field data which is
general data that is associated with the entire grid itself and not any
single object inside the grid. Because of this there's no way to give it a
pseudo color over the grid (i.e. set it as a mapped variable). The best way
to see field data is in the spreadsheet view.