[Paraview] Minimal setup for coprocessing in a Fortran solver

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Sep 14 14:04:26 EDT 2012

Hi,

The quickest way to get things working together may be to do your adaptor
in ParaView, similar to the Phasta example. After that, what I would do is
just add in an executable in that same directory that depends on your
adaptor and see the verbose output from linking that executable and just
add that in to your makefile. I assume the same strategy would work for a
VS project but I don't know that very well so I can't be sure. Obviously
this isn't very portable but should at least get you going on a specific
machine. CMakeifying your simulation code would make things better long
term and there's been a lot of improved Fortran support as of late. If
you're linking with C or C++ code it can even take care of the Fortran to C
name mangling as well now.

Andy