[Paraview] Extending PythonManager to execute script from memory buffer rather than file (patch supplied)

Ian Curington ianc at acm.org
Fri Sep 14 11:03:07 EDT 2012

I would like to request Extending pqPythonManager to execute pvpython from memory buffer rather
than   exlusively   from  an  external  file  (patch  supplied  as  at
http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=13456 ).

Why? Within other plugins, filters, C++ programs, can be helpful to execute some small script.
Currently, such small script must first be written to file, then executed, then removed.

I'd like to ask for comments, if this seems a good idea or not, - I've
found it helpful in custom plugin development.

--
Best regards,
 Ian                            mailto:ianc at acm.org