[Paraview] Python interpreter not being created for coprocessing?

Vanmoer, Mark W mvanmoer at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 11 11:21:43 EDT 2012

Hi Andy,

Sorry, I lost track of where I was in debugging. What I had was an openmpi/pgi debug build that passed the ctest -R CoPro tests. But the app I'm working on still crashes when trying to create a python interpreter.

I started over from scratch working with the Wiki example, using gcc 4.4.6 and mpich2 1.4.1p1.

I have the C++ wiki example working with both the ParaView-3.14.1-Source tarball and with git commit 2537cabbf0cc9b39f17f347105ee18c559d0041a.

I then made a Fortran version of the wiki example. It works with the ParaView-3.14.1-Source tarball build, but crashes when built against the git branch build. Seems to be at the same spot as the pgi build, when it tries to return the python interpreter instance. I stepped through with gdb and don't see anything obvious. It seems to crash when it tries to create an interpreter to add the python script to the module search path.

Mark