[Paraview] Getting String arrays out of Field Data

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Thu Sep 6 10:33:51 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have written a custom filter for Heliospheric data, and I am placing the model metadata into the Field Data section of ParaView.

Many of the metadata items are strings. I can view these strings just fine in Spread Sheet view, but anytime I try to get them out of Field Data via python, I get a null value return.  Doubles and Ints return just fine, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get the strings.

Can someone point me in the right direction for retrieving the strings from Field Data via Python?

Thanks,

Joshua Murphy
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
University of Colorado, Boulder