[Paraview] Newbie question on Python Programmable Filters

Frank Horowitz frank.horowitz at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 5 14:56:22 EDT 2012

OK Andy,

Thanks for that!

I've compiled and installed Paraview from git's release branch, and (a slight modification) of your code runs correctly. I think that means that my paraview/python integration is semi-sane.

However, my problem still occurs. Recall that I have a time series of .vtu files (indexed by integers built-in to their filenames) being fed into inputs[0] (at least as I understand it).

In my original code snippet, I assumed that the "m = x*x" statement would iterate not only over the point values of the spatial array, but also over all timeslices.  Is that a correct assumption? Is that the source of my problems???

Thanks again for your help,
    Frank Horowitz