[Paraview] Newbie question on Python Programmable Filters

Frank Horowitz frank.horowitz at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 4 18:04:40 EDT 2012

Hal Canary wrote on Tue Sep 4 15:22:01 EDT 2012:
> On 09/04/2012 02:20 PM, Frank Horowitz wrote:
> >
>  x = inputs[0].PointData['Scalars_']
>

> I thought one needs to convert a vtkarray to a numpy array with
>
> 	x = numpy.array(inputs[0].PointData['Scalars_'])
>
> before doing anything with it.

Computations after that style of construction hang too.  To my eye, the results of such an expression should be 100% standard numpy, obeying 100% standard numpy semantics.

It appears that there is a bug in numpy integration to the Python Programmable Filter.

I'll re-compile from source and report back on the results.  Is the bug tracking system evident from the homepage?

Cheers,
	Frank Horowitz