[Paraview] PNG compression when making screenshot

Joe Borġ mail at jdborg.com
Tue Sep 4 09:16:16 EDT 2012

I'm trying to reduce the size of the screenshots made in batch.  Using
trace, I found

view = GetRenderView()
view.CompressorConfig = 'vtkZlibImageCompressor 0 9 4 0'
WriteImage('test.png')

...but they're the same size with and without the compression.  The
dimension is 1700x900 and I'm getting 1.4MB per image.  When I make a
similar image in Ensight, I can use the max compression setting to get the
image down to 400KB.

I'm not sure if it's the command or the compression lib that are wrong.

Regards,
Joseph David Borġ
http://www.jdborg.com