[Paraview] Paraview Visualization Ambiguity an a 2nd order Tetrahedra

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Tue Oct 30 11:13:13 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com> wrote:
> Merhaba Umut,
>
> I would give it a bit more time before compiling ParaView for vector
> graphics. We are still working on resolving issues and making improvements.
> We also don't have any documentation yet. I CC'ed David. He is the main
> developer and can provide some more details.
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Umut Tabak <umut.tabak at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for this information, I would like to compile Paraview with vector
>> graphics export facilites, especially svg if possible.

The superbuild packages already have the vector graphics export built
in (I verified with last night's build). If you'd like to build your
own version, the current 'master' branch on git will have support for
this feature (see
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install and follow the
directions for the development version from git).

To export a scene, use File -> Export Scene, and select a vector
graphics format. Currently, we have basic support for exporting 3D
scenes and 2D charts as .ps, .eps, .svg, and .pdf files.

Dave