[Paraview] Vorticity computation from separated velocity array

中田拓馬 uirosan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:17:13 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I am trying to compute vorticity from separated velocity vectors, but
pre-installed filter of paraview seems to require 3-components vector as an
input. Then, I have tried to use the "Python Calculator" filter to
construct it.  I put "hstack([VelocityX, VelocityY, VelocityZ])" into the
"Expression" field following the wiki.  However, it created just a copy of
VelocityX instead of 3-components vector.  How can I construct 3-components
array form separated velocity vectors?

I have also tried to use the "Programmable Filter".  But, it has been
really difficult for me and I could not just extract the vector from the
input.  The vectors live in vtkUnstructuredGrid in a vtkMultiBlockDataSet
and there are no function to extract Point Data form it.

Regards,

Makoto