[Paraview] Using VR-Style input devices

Johannes Zarl johannes.zarl at jku.at
Wed Oct 24 09:40:55 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm currently trying to configure ParaView for a CAVE-like environment. So far
I was able to set up the pvservers correctly and even make headtracking over
VRPN work.

Myself, I'm more of a newbie concerning ParaView, so I'm having some trouble
understanding the state-file and how to define a wand-device so that ParaView
can use it.

As far as I understand it, the VRPlugin reads the VRConnectionManager and
VRInteractorStyles tags from the state-file and makes the connection to the
server.

The Styles in VRInteractorStyles are supposed to reference a proxy name, that
they are then attached to. So in this example:

<VRInteractorStyles>
   ...snip...
  <Style class="vtkVRStyleGrabNTranslateSliceOrigin"
origin="CutFunction.Origin">
   <Button name="travel.2"/>
   <Tracker name="travel.wand"/>
  </Style>
  <Style class="vtkVRStyleGrabNRotateSliceNormal" normal="CutFunction.Normal">
    <Button name="travel.3"/>
    <Tracker name="travel.wand"/>
  </Style>
</VRInteractorStyles>

The state-file should have a node <ProxyCollection name="CutFunction"> defined
somewhere?

How do I define such a CutFunction? What other Proxies are there that can be
defined/connected to a tracker/button/analog device?

Cheers,
  Johannes