[Paraview] Is there any point to compiling with MPI but without offscreen rendering?

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 22 10:12:00 EDT 2012

On 10/19/2012 03:54 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
>> and the resulting GL and OSMesa libraries both link glapi which was the
>> source of the trouble with conflicting/hidden symbols :
>
> That's unfortunate. Guess we are still stuck with keep the two builds
> separate then.

I'm sorry, I was sloppy in my use of the word "link".

I believe it may now be possible to build ParaView once with accelerated
mesa and offscreen rendering in software.

The GL and OSMesa libraries built as I described now link to the shared
library glapi which was the source of missing symbols in the OSMesa
library when the glapi object was compiled into the GL library and its
symbols were hidden, and the source of conflicting symbols when the
glapi object was compiled into both the GL and OSMesa libraries.

Now that glapi is a stand alone shared library it should be no different
than two shared libraries both linking the math library.