[Paraview] Is there any point to compiling with MPI but without offscreen rendering?

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Fri Oct 19 10:58:05 EDT 2012

On 10/19/2012 10:25 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Interesting. Although I am not sure if the mesa developers simply mean
> that you can build libGL and libOSMesa at the same time (which is
> indeed possible). But worth a try. I will test it out with the latest
> mesa and get back to the list. I am positive this didn't work with the
> 7.* series.
>
> Utkarsh

I have to go do a physiological experiment in a few minutes but I just
built mesa with:

env PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/kevin/drm_nightly/lib/pkgconfig/" ./configure
--prefix=/home/kevin/mesa_dual/ --enable-osmesa
--with-gallium-drivers="r300,r600,nouveau,swrast"
--with-dri-drivers="swrast"

and the resulting GL and OSMesa libraries both link glapi which was the
source of the trouble with conflicting/hidden symbols :

[kevin at bubbles lib]$ ldd libOSMesa.so | grep glapi
        libglapi.so.0 => /home/kevin/mesa_dual/lib/libglapi.so.0
(0x00007f6aea460000)

[kevin at bubbles lib]$ ldd libGL.so | grep glapi
        libglapi.so.0 => /home/kevin/mesa_dual/lib/libglapi.so.0
(0x00007f352f8c2000)