[Paraview] Question on Python Annotation Filter

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Thu Oct 18 15:55:36 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am playing with the Git Master build, and trying to figure out how the Python Annotation filter works.

I have String Field Data for a UT Time String (MM-DD-YYTHH-MM-SS) that I want to display, and update with each time step.  I have not been able to figure out how to make this work.

Whenever I try to use the filter, I get the message:
"Write a python expression like: 'Time index: %I' % t_index"

Even when I use the expression given , I still get that text on the screen.

Now I am building the git-master from scratch, and NOT using the super build, as the super-build fails to build NUMPY, and then crashes on VRPN, so I may be missing some prerequisites for this filter…

If someone can tell me how to get it working, that would be great!  This filter will solve many problems I have been experiencing, I think (as long as it handles string field data).

Thanks,

Joshua Murphy
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
University of Colorado, Boulder