[Paraview] MacOSX Linking problems

Brickle Macho bricklemacho at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:50:12 EDT 2012

Thanks to both for your quick response.

 From a clean/new build directory I tried your suggestion of
-DVTK_USE_SYSTEM_HDF5=ON   I received a different error (fragment
below), which looks like it not finding some HDF5 headers.

I will keep investigating.  Obviously something strange about my setup
or use of Macports.

Thanks again.

Michael.

------------ new error
Linking CXX executable ../../../../bin/ChartsCxxTests
[ 34%] Built target ChartsCxxTests
Scanning dependencies of target Xdmf
[ 34%] Building CXX object
Utilities/Xdmf2/libsrc/CMakeFiles/Xdmf.dir/XdmfArray.cxx.o
In file included from
/Users/michael/PhD/ExistingSoftware/ParaView-3.14.1-Source/Utilities/Xdmf2/libsrc/XdmfDataDesc.h:29,
                  from
/Users/michael/PhD/ExistingSoftware/ParaView-3.14.1-Source/Utilities/Xdmf2/libsrc/XdmfArray.h:28,
                  from
/Users/michael/PhD/ExistingSoftware/ParaView-3.14.1-Source/Utilities/Xdmf2/libsrc/XdmfArray.cxx:25:
/Users/michael/PhD/ExistingSoftware/ParaView-3.14.1-Source/Utilities/Xdmf2/libsrc/XdmfHDFSupport.h:30:22:
error: H5public.h: No such file or directory
/Users/michael/PhD/ExistingSoftware/ParaView-3.14.1-Source/Utilities/Xdmf2/libsrc/XdmfHDFSupport.h:36:18:
error: hdf5.h: No such file or directory