[Paraview] MacOSX Linking problems

Brickle Macho bricklemacho at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 15:46:53 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to build ParaView on my MacBook and I am getting a list of
undefined symbols.  Below is the first of about 35+ similar errors.  For
info all of the required supporting packages were installed by Macports.
   I downloaded ParaView-3.14.1-Source from the website and created a
separate build directory. I received a that I was running Qt 4.8.3
whereas the officially supported version is Qt 4.6.

In case it is related, I had an earlier problem where during compiling
the generated makefile was expecting some Qt file under files in
/opt/local/lib/Resources/... whereas they were in
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Resources/... I
resolved this by creating a symbolic link in /opt/local/lib

Not sure where to start to solve the problem. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Michael.
--

------- Linking problem below ---------------

[ 75%] Built target vtkPVVTKExtensionsCS
Linking CXX executable ../../../bin/ParaViewCoreVTKExtensionsPrintSelf
   "_H5check_version", referenced from:
       vtkEnzoReaderInternal::GetAttributeNames()       in
libvtkPVVTKExtensions.a(vtkEnzoReader.cxx.o)
       vtkEnzoReader::LoadAttribute(char const*, int)in
libvtkPVVTKExtensions.a(vtkEnzoReader.cxx.o)
       vtkEnzoReader::GetParticles(int, vtkPolyData*, int, int)in
libvtkPVVTKExtensions.a(vtkEnzoReader.cxx.o)
       vtkFlashReaderInternal::ReadMetaData()       in
libvtkPVVTKExtensions.a(vtkFlashReader.cxx.o)
       vtkFlashReaderInternal::GetTime()      in
libvtkPVVTKExtensions.a(vtkFlashReader.cxx.o)
       vtkFlashReaderInternal::GetCycle()      in
libvtkPVVTKExtensions.a(vtkFlashReader.cxx.o)
      (maybe you meant: _vtk__H5check_version)