[Paraview] pvserver dies after client closes. How to prevent that?

Arya Mazaheri aryanet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:33:07 EDT 2012

I think you have chosen the Manual mode. You have to connect to the server with the command mode. So you can enter the command on how to connect to the server and start a new session. In this way each time a client wants to start a new session a new process will be spawned on the server. The following link may help you come over with it:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/Establishing_Connections

If you are running a cluster and you want to make a comfortable environment for your clients, you might create a .pvsc file format to automate this process.

Regards,