[Paraview] pvserver dies after client closes. How to prevent that?

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:24:42 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am using paraview 3.14 in the client/server mode (server running in
serial mode on linux, client on a windows 7).

After I close the client on my desktop, the server process dies, and I
have to log it to the server machine to restart the server.

- Is that the expected behavior?
- How can I set up the server, so that it is always available for listening.

Actually, as our simulations are relatively small, and I work with a
few colleagues, I would like to set-up a few servers, so that every
person can have one instance.

Thanks,

Mirko