[Paraview] Is there any point to compiling with MPI but without offscreen rendering?

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Tue Oct 9 13:52:48 EDT 2012

Very interesting.  Brian Paul is everywhere!  :-)
I have a question, however.  You say that one can use Mesa X11 rendering (as opposed to OSMesa rendering).  How would that be done?  The only mesa rendering I'm aware of is OSMesa.  What is this "Mesa OpenGL driver" which renders in software but is not OSMesa?
Thanks
-- Rich