[Paraview] Rectilinear Grid to Image Data

Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani mmnasr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:12:24 EDT 2012

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a filter which converts a nonuniform
Rectilinear Data (3D) to a Uniform Rectilinear format (or Image Data).
The reason I need this is that it seems that Volume rendering can only be
done for either Unstructured grid data or Image data. So, I need to
transform my dataset before doing that.

I know you can use "Resample With Dataset" filter to map my data to a plane
with uniform spacing. But I cannot do the same for a Box (in 3D) with my
given resolution.
Alternatively, it seems that the "Data Object Generator" filter should be
able to create an Image Data-based grid, but I am not sure how to set the
resolution and/or the grid information when calling this filter.
Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Mohamad