[Paraview] PV 3.10.0 animation avi playback

Stephen Wornom stephen.wornom at inria.fr
Sun Oct 7 05:35:52 EDT 2012

I create an avi using mpi-PV with offscreen rendering. I note the following:
1-If the screensaver on my Linux Fedora 17 workstation is activated during the rendering process (For example, I go away from my workstation), and I use for playback
mplayer -sstep 1 file.avi
shows the progress bar in the middle of the screen during the playback (very annoying).

2-If the screensaver is NOT activated during the rendering process,
mplayer -sstep 1 file.avi
does NOT the progress bar in the middle of the screem during the playback.

3- mplayer file.avi
does not show the progress bar but is unacceptably slow! Unfortunately, the wall time to create the avi file is quite long and using offscreen rendering is desired.

Question: Are there other faster playbacks tools other than mplayer -sstep 1 that would NOT show the progress bar?
Hope my question is clear.
Thanks in advance,
Stephen