[Paraview] Trace?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Nov 28 08:44:53 EST 2012

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list so everyone can benefit.

> The upshot: Is there a way to use this .py file either in an executable, or
> between executables?

Python is a particularly good glue language.

You can have you scripts/programs call "pvbatch yourscript.py" and/or
call arbitrary scripts/executables from within yourscript.py.

For examples of how to call out from python see:
  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/89228/calling-an-external-command-in-python

> Once I get that going, I can generate a version of the .py file appropriate
> for each sim. I assume
> that can be refined to using filenames as arguments as I get off of my
> knuckles.

For examples of command line argument access in python see:
  http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/python_command_line_arguments.htm