[Paraview] paraview projects always rebuilt

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Nov 27 15:50:48 EST 2012

Since I started using Visual Studio 2012 and paraview 3.98 I've found that projects always rebuild (I don't recall this being a problem with 3.14). Re-making a plugin causes the entire project to rebuild. Editing a single file in a paraview module causes the whole module + all dependencies to rebuild. Client/server wrapping reexecutes when it shouldn't.

There appears to be a bug with visual studio which causes rebuilds when any number of possible problems occur (and I don't pretend to understand them) - including a project having a dependency on a file which is missing - this triggers rebuilds of everything (according to various reports found via googling).

Non paraview projects don't seem to be having this trouble (cmake generated ones I'm talking about) so I can't see cmake being at fault, but possibly paraview is somehow declaring a bad file somewhere in dependencies?

Has anyone else noticed this or had problems of this kind, if so is there a workaround/fix?

Thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                        email:biddisco @.at.@ cscs.ch