[Paraview] Embedding Paraview in PyQT based application

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed Nov 21 03:22:58 EST 2012

No, you can't embed the ParaView GUI inside a PyQt application in that
manner.  But, you could extend the ParaView GUI using PyQt if you generate
SIP bindings fo  the classes in the ParaView/Qt source directory.  I'm not
sure if that has ever been done before.  You can embed objects from the
ParaView ServerManager & VTK libraries, but not the ParaView GUI classes.
The VTK source code contains PyQt4 examples.

Pat