[Paraview] [Paraview-developers] (Ordered) Compositing question.

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Nov 19 10:49:54 EST 2012

Thanks Ken,

My suspicions are confirmed. I had a poke around with the ordered compositing code (vtkOrderedCompositeDistributor et al) and saw that the BSP cuts from the D3 filter are set to match those from the PKDTree internally. I notice that in the BSPcuts code it says
  //   Initialize the cuts with arrays of information.  This type of
  //   information would be obtained from a graph partitioning software
  //   package like Zoltan.

Do you know if there exists such an example. I am infact partitioning the data using Zoltan and have the exact bounds etc of the partitions, so I can work out what to pass into the BSPcuts  class and could potentially fool the IceT composiining into using my partitions. Can you point me to any crucial function that I must call. Is it sufficient to do a SetCuts on the compositing code - which class do I need to take control of?).

I shall create a custom representation to handle the depth sort. I've done the same some time ago for the point sprite renderer so I'll manage that ok, but I'll need to override the IceT compositing pass too as alluded to above , so any pointers welcome. (Could I somehow subclass on of the painters for the IceT pass and set the cuts to what I've got, then proceed as usual?)

Thanks

JB