[Paraview] help with a simple script?

Celia Bremer fuwsle at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 22:22:24 EST 2012

Tim,
Thank you. I should've said that I tried that but it didn't work. The "regular" trace gave a bunch of errors when I tried to run it. When I did smtrace.start_trace(CaptureAllProperties=True) , that recorded more stuff, like the parameters that I used in the various filters, and it didn't give any errors when I ran it, but it also didn't save the VTI files, which is my goal.
The trace didn't include any output filenames so, apparently, the saving part doesn't get recorded. The last line in the trace is just Render(). Rendering is a part of the process when doing "Save data", at least when the object is hidden like in my pipeline, so it makes sense that it's last. But the rest of what's involved in "save data" isn't captured by the trace.
Celia